Kiwanis Student of the Week: 05/20/2013
Georgia Bowen is the 2013 recipient of the $1,000 Kiwanis Service Scholarship! The daughter of James and Barbara Bowen, Georgia is a CNA at Prescott Nursing and Rehabilitation, and volunteers with her Church youth group, as a Ragnar Relay Race staff, and through NHS. Her interests include dog shows, art, and "do it yourself" crafts. She has been a member of the high school Basketball, Cross Country and Track teams. She is also involved in NHS, Student Wellness, Student Council, the HS Volunteer Group, the Marching Band and the Drum Line. An honor roll student, Georgia will be attending St. Olaf College this fall and majoring in Nursing.
Facilities Information Meetings, F.A.Q.'s
- May 30, 7 p.m., H.S. Cafeteria
UW-Oshkosh is offering three Fire Science Career Exploration Camps for youth 15-20 years of age who are interested in firefighting. Registration and a $50 fee are due June 1 for all three camps. For more information, visit uwosh.edu/camps.
- Basic ~ June 16-19 ~ $350
- Advanced ~ July 14-18 ~ $400
- Gals Only ~ August 11-13 ~ $250
The 2013 Youth Leadership Congress is open to current sophomores and juniors and will be held at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls campus on July 10-12. To register for this FREE, fun, educational and unique event, go to www.piercepepin.com, click on About> Community Action> YLC & Scholarships and follow the online instructions. Registration deadline is June 1, 2013.
Stay Informed!!! Like us on Facebook!
Prescott School District, 1220 St. Croix St., Prescott, WI 54021, 715.262.5389
SPRING SPORTS NOTE: Spring Sports schedules have been greatly affected due the weather. Please use the calendar below for the most current sporting dates and times.
Monday, May 20
- Facilities Information Meeting, 7 p.m., H.S. Cafeteria, F.A.Q.'s
- JV Golf @ Amery, 4:30 p.m.
- V Golf @ Ellsworth, 4:30 p.m.
- JV/V vs. New Richmond, Home, 5 p.m.
- Regional Track @ St. Croix Central
Tuesday, May 21
- JV/V BB vs. Somerset Home, 5 p.m.
- Regional Golf @ Osceola
- V SB, Reg G2 @ Elk Mound, 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday, May 22
Thursday, May 23
- SB Reg. Final - TBA
- Track Sectionals @ Bloomer
Friday, May 24
- M.S. & H.S. Choir Banquet
- Baseball Reg. G1 vs. Baldwin, 5 p.m.
Saturday, May 25
- Commencement Ceremony, 7:30 p.m., H.S. Gym
CLASS OF 2013!