Prescott Middle School, 125 N. Elm St., Prescott, WI 54021, 715.262.5054, Fax: 715.262.3965
Children between the ages of 10 and 14 are unique in intellectual, social, emotional, and physical growth. Recognizing that these children are also strikingly different from each other, the middle school is designed to meet the needs of a child as well as an adolescent during the transition from the elementary to the high school.
Through a caring and secure environment, the middle school program ensures that all students experience challenge and success. The curriculum is based upon the developmental needs of the young adolescent, with the following goals:
- Mastering basic skills within an interdisciplinary context.
- Acquiring a fundamental body or knowledge and the critical thinking skills necessary for its interpretation and application.
- Developing and maintaining a positive self-image.
- Accepting increased social, personal and academic responsibilities. Exploring a diversity of curricular and extracurricular activities. Developing an increased awareness of individual differences and respect for others.
- Participating responsibly in the school community.
The key to the success of this program is a flexible and creative staff that enthusiastically chooses to work with students at this age level. Focusing our talents and believing that:
- The students are the focus of the school
- All students can learn if given the opportunity
- To achieve educational excellence there has to be a commitment by staff, students and parents.
- Each member of the school community is responsible for his or her performance.
- It is essential for success that staff, parents and students work cooperatively. (We send out weekly email updates to parents, contact the Office if you need to be added to the email list.)
- Continuous planning, evaluation and change are necessary for improvement.
- Clearly articulated goals and open communication among groups (staff, parents and students) are essential, experimentation and risk taking are encouraged.
- Caring for others and community service are integral parts of the school program.
- The adopted middle school philosophy has an effect on all school programs and decisions.
- The administration's main role is to create an environment where teachers can teach and students learn.
Jim Dalluhn - Middle School Principal
Office: Prescott Middle School,
125 Elm St., Prescott, WI
Ph: (715) 262-5054 ext. 2208
Follow us on Twitter!
Parents can get involved with the Middle School Parent Group. Join them on FaceBook.