Prescott Community Recreation
Community Recreation Director, Angela Magee
PCR NEWS, INFO, and IMPORTANT DATES
- 7th & 8th Grade TRAVELING VOLLEYBALL has been CANCELLED by the league. All refunds have been issued. -- Please note all refunds will be returned to the original payment method.
- SOCCER (Grade k-6th grade) is also CANCELLED for this season. The PCR director is in the process of refunding those fees. -- Please note all refunds will be returned to the original payment method.
- In-House BASEBALL, SOFTBALL & T-BALL has been CANCELLED. The PCR director is in the process of refunding those fees. -- Please note all refunds will be returned to the original payment method.
- Traveling BASEBALL & SOFTBALL are POSTPONED.
- We have been in contact with the leagues regarding timing and there are still a lot of unanswered questions at this time. As soon as more is made known, the PCR director will reach out to those participants.
- For any questions or concerns, please contact Angela Magee, PCR Director, email@example.com
PCR Mission and Goals
Prescott Community Recreation (PCR) falls under the umbrella of the Prescott School District which sets us apart from many other communities. Since the majority of the facilities that are necessary to support youth athletics in the Prescott area are owned and maintained by the school district, the decision was made to hand over responsibility of this entire program to the school district administration.
At the present time there are no other youth sport organizations that operate programs in Prescott for Kindergarten through 8th grades. PCR oversees all in-house and traveling programs for these grades. Prescott Community Education (PCE) does offer introductory sports programs for the 3 – 5 year old group.
PCR Mission Statement (Approved April 8th, 2013)
Prescott Community Recreation’s (PCR) mission is to provide a positive, affordable, recreational experience for youth in grades K-8, and promote team sports on a non-exclusionary basis utilizing a network of adult volunteers. PCR further strives to provide and teach:
PCR Goals (Approved April 8th, 2013)
- The fundamentals of each sport offered.
- The life skills and benefits learned through organized team sports.
- Sportsmanship and winning/ losing with pride and respect.
- Fair play with progressively competitive opportunities as participants advance in age and skill.
- The value of volunteering.
2013-2014 PCR Goals
- Provide a positive recreational experience
- Teach basic fundamentals of each sport
- Teach our young athletes how to enjoy athletics
- Teach our young athletes how to win and lose with pride and respect
- Provide a positive climate for adult and student interaction
- Teach children and adults the value of volunteering
- Allow for meaningful participation of all students
- Recruit volunteers and assemble Program Committees
- Update PCR website with information regarding PCR Process and Guidelines, Traveling Program Policies, and other valuable information.
- Implement on-line surveying for each program
- Implement a cost-effective on-line registration
- Adopt the Player/Parent Code of Conduct
- Adopt the Coaches Code of Conduct
- Enforce Coach’s Background checks